Monday 27 February 2012

Chapter 3 - More Than This .

Chapter 3 - More Than This .

The next morning, I woke up with a throbbing head. After my eyes had adjusted its sight, I realised that I was completely naked. Well, with my bra on atleast. But still. I stretched and found another person sharing the same bed as me. The body stirred and the unknown person yawned. He removed the blanket and I gasped. It was Louis. As soon as he got up, my eyes pried away from his dingaling, which made my cheeks burn. 

"Oh.... God.... What happened?" I mumbled, Unsure of the series of events that had happened the night before. All I could remember was Louis mumbling a couple of words then knocking out, then my drink getting spiked, and then, poof , nothing .

"you really don't remember, eh? well, nothing serious happened, so don't worry about it." He declared, clearly disappointed. 

I nodded. Why the hell were we both naked? Had I surrendered my v-status already? Many questions popped into my head like a quickfire round. 

I spotted a bathrobe on the floor, so I quickly put it on, grabbed a mirror  that was placed on the bedside table and took a glance at myself. There was a red mark on my neck. Oh god what was that? Was it a rash or....? I gaped in horror as I thought about what it was. It was a hickey. My first time getting lovebit and I was in a drunk state. How perfect. 

"I'm pretty sure you were quite sober and can remember some things from last night. Ummmm, about what I said, you can choose to forget about it." Louis said suddenly. His hair was in a mess, which made him really cute. "......what if I don't choose to forget it?" was what I found myself saying. He blinked, then got up. He didnt care about the fact that he was naked, he just removed the blanket and hugged me. Suddenly, sparks flew. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach. My heart raced. Am I really falling for him? But.... I promised myself not to fall TOO hard and expect anything from him. 

Just as I was about to kiss his cheek, Niall screamed "WHAT THE HELL?!" Immediately, Louis covered himself with the blankets and leaving the room with bright red cheeks. 

"Niall... Its not what you think.." I explained calmly, startled at his sudden appearance. 

"How could you do this?! I invite you to spend Christmas with me and now I'm finding you having sex with one of my bestfriends! Bloody hell Sasha, what were you thinking?!" Niall shouted, not thinking about my feelings. At all. 

"Oh, so you think I'm a slut now?! I'm not that shallow Niall!" I screamed back with tears welling up in my eyes. ".....fine, I'll leave by tomorrow morning and you can pretend none of this ever happened," I said, after calming myself down. 

As I turned to take my luggage out from the closet, Niall spoke. "I-I'm so sorry Sash. I guess I'm just not over the fact that Farysha dumped me and I had to vent it out on you instead." His face turned red, for his weakness was getting shouted at. 

"WAIT, WHAT?! when?!" I gasped. How long had they been keeping it a secret from me? 

"The day after you got sick, she left without a word. The next thing I knew, she was already in Singapore." He stammered, then leaning on my shoulders. 

"Ohmigod. I'm so sorry Nialler. I didn't know. I'm sorry that I shouted at you, too." I said, wiping his tears away. 

"s'okay. I'm sorry that I screamed in your face, I'm just so concerned about you. I mean, it just makes me so furious seeing the other lads in Mullingar staring at you like you're an easy catch. So furious that I feel like scooping their eyes out when they ogle you. They want to be your first cause you're a naive, good-hearted, gorgeous young girl, which makes it easier for these kind of guys to fool your heart. And you are so much more than an easy catch. You're my sister, and I'm willing to go to the end of the world to protect you from those assholes." Nail said, patting my head. I was so touched by his words. This was why I was proud to be known as Sasha Horan, Niall James Horan's sister.

As I opened my mouth to say something, suddenly Harry shouted "Alyssa's coming back! She's coming home!" that echoed throughout the whole house. I combed my hair and went downstairs with Niall. "who's Alyssa?" I asked. When Harry saw me, he smiled. "enjoyed your night Sasha? ;)" he said. I shot him a clueless look. "haha, don't worry. Your v-card is still there," he assured me in a low voice. I nodded in relief. "Alyssa's my bestfriend since forever. She's amazing." Harry continued. "Soo what are we going to do for her homecoming?" Niall said, as if on cue. "How 'bout I cook up something special? I'd like to meet her," I suggested excitedly. Andrea, Liam, Niall and Zayn looked uneasy. How weird. 

Later in the afternoon, Andrea, Harry and I went to the supermarket. We were going to cook spaghetti that night. "she's so pretty, she's so funny, she's so...." Harry kept rattling on Alyssa's good qualities. Harry left to go look for good wine while Andrea and I picked out the groceries. 

'so... Does Harry like Alyssa or something?' I asked. I expected it to be a 100% yes, since he wouldn't stop bragging about her ever since he got her text. 

'well, yeah. Once. They tried to work things out, but I guess they were better off as friends.' Andrea smiled. 

'So.... Does this Alyssa girl have a boyfriend ?' I asked, curious to know more about this amazing girl Harry had been talking about. 

'well, no. The last time we've seen her, she's been waiting on Lo-' Her voice trailed off.

'For Louis?' I asked, my heart dropping. 

'well yeah. They went out before, but then she cheated on Louis with some rich bloke named Aston. Louis never told Harry about this cause he didn't want to ruin their friendship.' What..? But I mean, that's all history right? I bit my lower lip. I just hoped that Louis didn't have any feelings for her. "don't worry, I bet Louis is all in for you." Andrea comforted, looking at my changed expression. I could only hope. 

For some reason, I didn't feel quite alright with the idea of Alyssa still waiting on Louis after all these years. 

Then, a whatsapp message came through. It was from Louis. 

SwagMastaDoncasta: hey babe. Where'd everybody go? You alright? Come home soon. Miss you. x

I felt like throwing my phone onto the ground, but then again, I remembered the promise I'd made to myself: I'm wasn't going to fall too hard for him. Okay so I kind of fell harder than expected. Tears trickled down my cheeks as I typed with trembling fingers. 

Affhsyz: hey. at the supermarket now. ALYSSA'S coming over tonight. See ya. 

I purposely typed Alyssa's name in capital letters. I wasn't expecting him to reply to it anyway. 

When we reached home, I just made a dash towards the secret stairwell behind the bookcase and cried my eyes out. Then, when I heard footsteps coming, I wiped my tears. 

"Sasha. Are you okay?" Zayn said softly and sat beside me. 

I took a deep breath and forced a smile. "it's nothing. I'm just an emotional wreck sometimes for no reason. I'm okay." I assured him. 

"so you weren't up here hoping that i'd come?" he said, pouting. 

I laughed and shook my head. "I'm fine Zayn, don't worry about it." I said with a stifle. "I know you're not. I live with 2 sisters, so I know this whole 'I'm okay' thing means that you're obviously not. Everything's gonna be okay, I promise." Zayn continued, whilst embracing me. 

Then, I saw Louis at the bottom of the stairwell, staring up at us. I didn't know why, but at that point of time, my heart sanked. It snaked even deeper when I thought about Alyssa. 

"i-it actually h-hurts m-m-me to see one of my b-bestfriends hugging you." He stammered, while trying to look at me in the eyes. In my head, I wanted to scream: AND IT FUCKING HURTS ME TO KNOW THAT YOU ONCE HAD A THING FOR ALYSSA AND NOW ALYSSA STILL LIKES YOU. But I preferred not to start an argument, so I kept it to myself. 

"Let's go talk near The Rink." He suggested. The Rink's an ice-skating area, famous for it's magnificent public display of affection shown by couples worldwide during winter.  

It was so tensed between me and him. Then, thinking about Alyssa again, my jealousy raged and I hissed, "what do you want from me, exactly?" I realised that it was rude of me to start a topic that way, but I couldn't help my anger at that time, which then resulted in a heated argument. 

"what do I want? What do I want? Do you know how much I felt like pushing Zayn away from you so that I could be the only one to hug you? Do you ever realise how much I stammer whenever I'm around with you? And how goofily I smile whenever you're clumsy? Do you know how hard it was to try and push away the feelings that I had for you? Well let me tell you, IT'S NOT. WHY CAN'T YOU GET THAT SASHA, WHY?!" Louis asked, his nose getting red from the crying. 

As if on cue, I broke down in tears and walked away from him without a word. His words kept echoing inside my head. On the other hand, I wondered why didn't I tell him that I loved him? That I didn't want Alyssa to get involved in his life? That he was everything to me? Oh, that's right, it was all because of the flacking amount of ego i had. I WAS SUCH AN IDIOT ! 

Why was life being such a bitch now? 

No comments:

Post a Comment